Now that DOT is ticketing bike lane violators in the Pratt St bike lane, Bikemore is spearheading an effort to ensure the lane remains car-free. The idea to document as many violation cases as possible, and to ensure that the DOT tickets appropriately. This will primarily be accomplished through usage of the 311 app and phone number.
The on-going campaign starts today, and Bikemore is calling on volunteers to line the lane from Key Highway to Market Pl from 1pm to 3pm.
Guidelines after the jump:
- Meet at Phillips at 1pm (the north side of the Power Plant)
- Bring a camera and a phone, or a camera-phone, and pen and paper
- The group will split up so we can cover the entire length of the bike lane, from Key Highway to Market Place
- Stay as long as you can
General instructions for ongoing campaign:
- Take a picture and report violations to Baltimore’s 311 app or phone number
- Write down the 311 complaints number
- Send the photo, complaint number, time, location, and license plate number to email@example.com
- 311 complaints will be uploaded to the Bikemore Facebook page with identifying information