- Baltimore Area Awarded 4 Bikeways Grants (B’more Bikes)
Baltimore City’s awards are for:
- The Downtown Bicycle Network design and construction which includes bike lanes and cycletracks ($320,000 Bikeways funding), and
- Baltimore Waterfront Promenade feasibility assessment and design for accommodating bicycles on the Promenade ($50,000)
- City Receiving $2 Million for Transit and Bike/Ped Infrastructure (Baltimore Magazine)
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation has won four grants under two state and federal programs to upgrade bus and light rail service, further develop the downtown bicycle network, improve the Inner Harbor promenade and teach bicycle safety, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake announced today.
- State Approves Grant for Towson ‘Bike Beltway’ (Towson Patch)
A proposed Towson “bike beltway” was among 28 projects awarded grants on Tuesday from a Maryland Department of Transportation cycling initiative.
The $100,000 grant will go towards construction and signage on the bike loop around central Towson.